Using sod grass is a terrific way to achieve an instant environmentally friendly perfect lawn. The #1 Quality Kentucky Blue Grass is the best cool season turf grass species. Its naturally darker color means less fertilizer and thicker or denser grass means less weeds and chemicals. In addition, sodding also offers immediate erosion control and uses less water than grass seeds. We provide quality sod grass for your home in Mississauga, Etobicoke, Georgetown, Brampton, Milton, and Toronto. Our grass is fresh, green and ideal for your home.
PRE-ORDER your sod for pickup or delivery to avoid disappointment!
- #1 Quality Kentucky Blue Grass fresh daily, specialty grass is available through special order.
- Sod season begins the 1st week of May and generally runs all the way through to November.
- The dimension of a Sod roll is 2 feet x 4.5 feet (9 square feet)
- Please book in advance in regards to Sod orders exceeding 500 square feet.
- When installing sod have a loose base for contact (Top Soil).
- Whether installing sod on top of existing soil or new topsoil, make sure the base has been worked to ensure the best contact. The roots of sod need room to grow and a loose base will promote growth.
- Spread soil and grade according to land slope, if altering the grade of your land consider the best areas for water drainage.
- Begin to roll out sod one piece at a time and make sure all joints are tight together. After the sod has been installed make sure to use a lawn roller to bind the new sod to the prepared base.
- Lastly, the most important part of a sod application is water. Be sure to water your new lawn everyday for 20-30 minutes 1-2 times daily. On extremely hot days it will be advised to water 2-3 times daily. Do not cut or fertilize the new sod until it begins to grow (3 weeks minimum). To avoid disease and fungus, water your lawn in the morning.